Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Snap My Green

Hello lovely Starshines!

Some weeks ago I recieved the Sleek i-Divine Palette in Snapshots as a gift for an order I did on a french website. It was a good surprise, specially because I didn't know the brand yet. I was eager to discover their eyeshadows but kind of daunt by the bright neon colors. Yet, recently I grew tired of my usual plum-pinky makeup and decided to give it a try.

So here's the palette:
I really like the packaging, it's elegant and sober, very classy. (Don't mind the sticker, as I said, it was a gift so I don't have the original case). The palette comes with a double end felt-tip applicator that I almost immediately threw away as I cannot stand those things when it comes to makeup application... The mirror is big and really useful even it I prefer to have a bigger one that I can place on a table. The transaprent sheet with the printed name of the sahdes is useful even if I would have preferred them to be inked on the box itself.


Now about the shades: they're great, there are two matte nude shades (Sand Walker and Washed Ashore), those two are perfect as a base. I really love the color of Washed Ashore. I'm not a fan of the matte turquoise (Summer Breeze) but it's just my personnal taste and I'm sure I'll find a way to use it ;) the two others matte shades are Purple Haze and Magenta Madness, which are just perfect and bright. All those matte have a good pigmentation, I know Sand Walker doesn't look as pigmented as I pretent it to be but I swear it is!


For the shimmery shades we have a very useful highlighter, Martini that I just love. Kiwi Flower is a bright light green tricky to apply because it's hard to have a good intensity of the color. Green Iguana, somewhere between ocean blue and emerald green is beautiful  and goes smoothly but, as for Kiwi Flower, it needs several layers to have a good intensity. Humming Bird, the capri blue shade is just amazing and have a much better pigmentation. As for Purple Haze it is really light and, again needs several layers. The two warm shimmery shades are sooo beautiful. Sunset is a deep plum-burgundy red which is intense and goes smoothly. The last one, my favorite is Tequila Sunrise. The pigmentation is amazing and the color so powerful! So basically the matte are good but the shimmery lack some pigmentation and are tricky to apply if you don't have the proper brush.



Now here's my first look using this palette:







I choses not to use the warmer shades because I really wanted to do a look with greens. I contrasted it with a purple lower lashline.

How to
1. Use Sand Walker all over the lid with an E40
2. Take a smaller fluffy brush with Washed Ashore and dust it on the inner corner. As the look is pretty cool, this will warm it up and wake the whole look.
3. Put Green Iguana on the outter corner and work it into the crease with an E44. I had to use this brush because my usual E35 wasn't dense enough to apply the shade with the proper intensity.
4. Take an E57 to place Kiwi Flower on the inner lid and blend the two shades together. Smooth the edges with the E40 to avoid any harsh lines.
5. With the same E55 and dab some Humming Bird on the ball of your eyes, this will give an extra pop to the look.
6. You can stop here for a light, soft look or, like I did, add some MUG Envy (E45) in the outter V to bring more definition to the eye. Then blend it well with an E37.
7. With an E15 place Purple Haze on your lower lash line keeping it on the outter part of the eye and smooth it with an E20 and Lotus Flower. Bring the color to your inner tear duct and then take a soft domed brush (MUG here) to blend it well.
8. I chosed to apply a very thin line of gel liner using an E10 because I felt that the two areas needed to be separated in some kind but feel free to skip this step!
9. Apply Martini on your inner tear duct and the center of your brow bone to highlight. Add mascara and you're done!

With this look I would chose warmer shades for blush and lipstick such as corals but avoid golden pinks. I also chosed not to use bronzer to keep the attention on the colors on the eyes!

Have fun with your makeup and don't fear to play with colors!

<3<3
Maylee

No comments:

Post a Comment