Saturday, May 24, 2014

Blazing Mermaid

Hello Starshines!
I hope your week-end is great so far ;) Today I come with a warm-cool makeup. I looove to play with warm and cool tones and see how the colors enhance each other. It's also a great way to combine colors to match any eye color and skin tone! So here's my look, with Makeup Geek eyeshadows, of course!

Products used
Makeup Geek Eyeshadows: Mermaid, Burlesque, Cocoa Bear, Shimma Shimma and Peach Smoothie
Sigma Brushes and Makeup Geek Pencil Brush
Maybelline Gel Liner
Cover Girl Lashblast Volume Mascara






Yes this is me XD, pardon my bad hair!

Tutorial
1. With an E40 blend Peach Smoothie all over the eyelid
2. Take an E35 and place Cocoa Bear above the crease. Work with the brush parallel to the crease then wipe back and forth to blend the color.
3. Place Mermaid on the mobile lid with an E55. Begin with dabbing it then sweep it on the whole lid and blend the edges together with the colors placed underneath. You don't have to be super precise on the outter corner because...
4. Take an E45 and dab Burlesque on the outter V and work it on the crease. This will intensify the look and add some warmth to the cool blue.
5. With an E15 draw a thin line of eyeliner.
6. Take a khol pencil (I used a Bourjois one -a french brand I'm not sure you can find in America) and place it on the outter part of your waterline. Don't take too far inward because you're gonna place another khol pencil in a vibrant blue shade (again it's a Bourjois one I used but any neon-like pencil will work! MAC Mountain Air Pro Longwear Eyeliner or NYX Slide On Pencil in Azure could make even if I don't own them)and place it on the inner part of your waterline. I also lined my upper waterline with a black khol but you can skip this. The azure pencil on the waterline will give an extra pop to the look and make the eye shines!
7. For the lower lash line, take an E15 and place Cocoa Bear on the outter part then blend it with an E30 and some Peach Smoothie. Take the same E15 and place a thin line of Burlesque on the very outter corner.
8. Take a Makeup Geek Pencil Brush to place Mermaid on the inner part of the lash line.
9. Highlight the inner tear duct with Shimma Shimma and you're all done!

I hope you enjoyed this look, tell me if you did or have any other requests/suggestions and stay tuned for the next look!

<3<3
Maylee

No comments:

Post a Comment