Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Makeup Geek eyeshadows


My MUG collection (so far)



Hello Starshines! 
Today I'm gonna tell you about a wonderful makeup brand: Makeup Geek. Telling you about my collection right now may be a bit early because, for now, I only own seven of them and I'm wiaitng for two upcoming orders to increase the said collection! BUT, the eyeshadows are so amazing I absolutly needed to write about them!

Makeup geek is a brand founded by one of the sweetest woman in the world, Marlena. She used to work for MAC as a makeup artist so she knows her job pretty well. And we can see it in the products. They are trully wonderful! Highly pigmented, colorful and long-lasting, they are just perfect. You can chose between the compact version and the pan one. I opted for the second because I begin to lack room for my eyeshadows and the price is slightly lower. I must confess I was a bit afraid of the transport but they arrived safe and sound in my mailbox ten days after I ordered them (knowing that I live in Switzerland and the post here isn't the fastest one in the world) So it's kind of a zero faults for MUG. Now enough babbling and let's see those little wonders!



To begin my collection I chosed neutral shades. First (and since I cannot find any here in Switzerland) I needed a good alternatives to Soft Brown by MAC. After seeing some swatches on a blog (don't remember which one sorry) I was convinced that Crème Brulee will perfectly fit the job. So this was my first addition to my cart. Then I have to admit that I let myself a bit influenced by some famous gurus out there on Youtube (Jaclyn Hill to be precise) and I based my first choices on hers. Since we have almost the same taste when it's about neutrals I knew I couldn't be wrong. So here's the selected ones. My duty fees allowing me some more product, I opted for Cosmopolitan, a gorgeous pink with golden shimmers which appears to be a very good dupe to MAC Expensive Pink (a must have) .



As I said I recieved my order ten days after, in a package. They were safely wrapped in sagex and came with the sweetest billl I ever received. Thank you Makeup Geek (and Amber who took care of my package!) for your services and your products.







They come bundled in those lovely pockets (just like any eyeshadow pans except those are a lot nicer!) and the packaging is just perfect.









This is Cocoa Bear my favorite color from this order! It's a beautiful warm brown, so pretty and perfect to match any other eyeshadows


 The back of the pan is magnetic so it fits perfectly the Z-palettes (I had them from another store because it's simplier because of the shipping cost but Makeup Geek store has the whole collection for low prices!)

 From top to bottom and left to right: Shimma Shimma, Peach Smoothie, Beaches and Cream, Cosmopolitan, Crème Brulee, Cocoa Bear and Brown Sugar.
And some swatches

As I said I'm waiting for more orders to arrive so I'll let you know once I'll have them!

Stay happy and healthy!
<3<3
Maylee


No comments:

Post a Comment